The Salmon Cucumber sandwich is a quick and easy lunch idea. It’s a light and delicious alternative to tuna.
Salmon is packed with healthy Omega-3s and muscle building proteins and amino acids. Did you know that canned salmon has 3 times the Omega-3s of canned tuna? Some of the health benefits associated with fish consumption and Omega-3s include: heart health, mental health, joint health, eye health, and decreased cancer risk.
- 1 can of salmon (wild caught Alaskan preferred)
- 1 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- pinch sea salt
- pinch cracked pepper
- 1/4 cup of sliced cucumber (6-8 pieces)
- 2 English muffins
- Drain salmon and empty can into medium sized bowl.
- Add mayonnaise, salt and pepper to the bowl.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice into the bowl and mix well.
- Slice cucumber into thin slices.
- Lightly toast English muffins.
- Prepare sandwich by topping salmon with cucumbers.
SaltmarshRunning.com – Run for your life!