This is a delicious seasonal treat. If you have never tried this healthier version of the BLT, you’ll be amazed at how great these fresh vegetables taste on their own. Stop by your local farmer’s market or grab the ingredients from your garden and treat yourself to something wonderful!
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- 1/2 small cucumber (sliced)
- iceburg lettuce (2 or 3 leaves)
- 1/2 Heirloom Tomato (sliced) or 5-6 cherry tomatoes (sliced)
- 2 slices of whole grain bread
- 1 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 pinch salt (optional)
- 1 pinch pepper (optional)
1. Prepare vegetables
2. Toast bread
3. Spread mayonnaise thinly on both pieces of bread
4. Add lettuce, cucumbers and tomatoes
5. Add salt and pepper to taste
Serving Suggestion: Enjoy with a cold glass of chia fresca or iced tea.
SaltmarshRunning.com – Run for your life!