Your Weekly Dinner Planner
Here are some quick, healthy, and delicious family dinner ideas for each day of the week:
Your whole family will love the flavor in this hearty soup. Once you have all the ingredients washed, chopped and prepped, putting this together is a snap.
Sunday: Grilled Steak Tips with Peppers & Onions over Brown Rice
Thursday marked the first day of Spring, so we’re celebrating with one of our favorite meals from the grill.
- Prepare 3 peppers of your choice (red, orange, yellow) and 1 large Vidalia onion by washing and slicing, then mixing with some olive oil.
- Grill the steak tips and vegetables to your liking.
- Serve with brown rice and Italian dressing. Top this meal with some cherry tomatoes.
Monday: Fish Chowder with Salad
I love to break out my trusted, Better Homes & Gardens, red and white cookbook for reference. I follow the Fish Chowder version of the New England Clam Chowder recipe:
- In your large soup pot, saute a chopped onion and celery.
- Add 2 and 1/2 cups chopped potato. (Optional: you can also add some corn at this step if your family likes corn in their chowder.)
- Add 1 T Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 t dried thyme, 1/4 t pepper, and about 1-2 cups chicken broth. Bring this to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Combine 2 and 1/2 cups whole milk with 1 T flour and 1 T corn starch. Stir until the flour and corn starch are dissolved into the milk.
- When the potatoes are softened, add the milk mixture and about 1 pound of fish (cut into 3/4 inch pieces) to the pot. Bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Reduce heat and simmer until the fish flakes easily (3-5 minutes).
- Serve with a side salad and some Saltines.
Tuesday: Leeky Chicken
(You literally chop up some chicken breasts, saute it in a large pan with some olive oil, add your clean chopped leeks with some white wine, let the leeks gently wilt to a beautiful green, and swirl in a bit of butter. Serve over couscous cooked with chicken broth (instead of water) and some chopped golden raisins.)
Wednesday: Carbonara Spaghetti with Salad
I found this one on Pinterest and knew that I’d have a little bacon left over from the BLT soup from earlier in the week.
I’m planning to serve this with a side salad.
Thursday: Black Bean and Rice Bowls with Avocado and Cilantro
You can really make this dish to suit your family’s taste, but click here for a basic recipe to get you started.
Friday: Veggie Burgers on English Muffins with Sweet Potato Fries
It’s always nice to find good things to eat in your freezer at the end of the week when supplies are running low. It’s a simple meal: just pop the veggie burgers and sweet potato fries on a cookie sheet and bake in your oven while you chop up some lettuce, tomato and red onion. Toast the English muffins and you’re ready to go with another great meal at home.
Have a great week!