Here’s a new cookie recipe to try for the New Year! These Pumpkin Chocolate Cherry cookies are so soft and delicious. Bonus! No mixer required, just a couple of bowls which makes for easy, quick clean up.
Pumpkin Chocolate Cherry Cookies:
1. In a large bowl combine and then set aside the following:
2 cups flour
1 t baking soda
1 T cinnamon
1 T pumpkin pie spice (or your choice of nutmeg, more cinnamon, ground cloves)
1 and 1/2 cups oats
2. In a microwave-safe medium bowl, melt 2 sticks of butter. Add in:
1/4 cup molasses
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
Then add in:
1 egg yolk
1 can of pumpkin
1 t vanilla
3. When well combined, add the pumpkin mixture to the flour mixture and stir. Then fold in:
3/4 cup chocolate chips
3/4 cup dried tart cherries
4. Scoop tablespoon amounts onto parchment-lined cookie sheets. Press them down slightly (they won’t spread too much like your typical cookie). Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for about 13 minutes.
5. Let them cool on the baking sheet, then serve and enjoy!
Pro Tip: They taste even better the second day, if you can wait that long…