The Under Armour Speedform Apollo Vent is the closest thing you’ll find to running in ankle socks. The UA Speedform Apollo Vent is super-light (6.4 oz), fits like a glove, and delivers superior breathability. This neutral performance shoe is a real stunner with a low profile (8mm offset) and 11 great colors choices.The @UArunning Speedform Apollo Vent is the closest thing you'll find to running in ankle socks. Click To Tweet
This shoe fits extremely well and runs true to size. The external silicon heel cup secures the heel, and the anatomical design allows for plenty of toe room. If you’re running in a warmer climate, you’ll enjoy running without socks.
If you liked the Speedform Apollo last year, you’ll like this update. The only thing that evolved was the upper. The new ArmourVent™ mesh upper provides more breathability with its durable, fast-drying, stretchy material.
- Full-length Micro G® foam turns cushioned landings into explosive takeoffs
- TPU curve at midfoot for extra support & stability
- Anatomical outsole for natural fit & performance
- Anatomical Flex Grooves add flexibility for a smooth ride
- ArmourVent™ mesh upper delivers true breathability in a light, stretchy, durable, fast-drying fabric
- Smooth, ultrasonic welded seaming with Bemis tape for next-to-skin support & comfort
- 4D Foam Sockliner wicks away moisture and conforms to your foot’s unique shape for added comfort and reduced slippage.
- Seamless heel cup with silicone grip for a locked-in, anatomical fit
I took my brand new pair of Under Armour Speedform Apollo Vent shoes with me on my family vacation last week. While I enjoyed every minute of my trip to the Sunshine State, there were no hills to be found other than the massive bridge spanning the distance from the Isles of Capri to Marco Island. Welcome to hill training in Florida.
So, I ran my repeats on the bridge and it turned out to be a great workout. The UA Speedform Apollo Vents were light and fast. There was no hint of floating or the greasy feel of too much cushioning underfoot. The shoe made excellent contact from the ground up.
After returning home to a temperature that was nearly 80º cooler, I was curious to how the Under Armour Speedform Apollo Vents would perform. I took them out for a 6-mile run and an easy 3 miles the following day. The shoes were great as long as I wore my Merino wool running socks. The breathability that made them great in the tropics, passed the cold air right through to my toes.
The Under Armour Speedfrom Apollo Vent is a great performance shoe. You can find yours at Finish Line for just $99.
I was given a complimentary pair of running shoes for review. All opinions are my own.